Here are some helpful tips for preventing household pests, pest infestations and the potentially dangerous health and property threats they pose.
- Seal all cracks and holes on the inside of the home including entry points for pipes.
- Keep baths and showers well ventilated and dry.
- Seal outlets, switch plates and baseboards, as some insects will travel through these.
- Keep all foods properly stored, including pet foods. Use plastic containers or plastic bags.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Dispose of vacuum bags regularly.
- Replace air handling filters regularly.
- Keep doors closed or properly screened.
- Repair torn screening.
- Seal all cracks and holes around the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Keep attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Repair fascia and soffits, if rotted, as some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping around doors and windows.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.
- Call IMPACT PEST ELIMINATION for additional advice and treatment if necessary.